A successful blog needs to have a niche that is easy for the reader to understand.
What your readers are interested in and what you are passionate about should be aligned with each other. Once you figure out this, then it is time to start writing.
How long should a blog post be?
- The best length for your posts will really depend on the topic. If you are writing about something that is more complex or has many different components, then people may need to read it several times before they fully understand what you mean. On the other hand, if you are posting about an event in one sentence and linking out to another website with more detailed information, then there is no need for such a lengthy article.
- This blog post is 700+ words long but it’s a complex topic and contains many different components, so people may need to read this several times before they fully understand what you mean.
What is the average number of words for most content?
- The average number of word that we recommend for most content is 300-500 words. If your writing about an event in one sentence and linking out to another website with more detailed information, then there is no need for such a lengthy article , the length will really depend on the topic you are discussing.
What does your blog have that other blogs don’t or what sets you apart from others who write similar topics will depend on the niche of your blog?
If you’re in the fashion world for example, then maybe it’s the photography skills or quirky personality behind each post that makes people connect with you (think Anna Wintour!). In an entrepreneurship niche like this one here at The Business Bosses Blog, it’s the specific information provided in each post that sets us apart from other blogs.
What does my blog have that other blogs don’t or what sets me apart from others who write similar topics is the specific information provided in each post relative to any given topic , this really depends on what niche of blogging everyone is writing in, but it’s important to know and understand yourself which differentiates your work from those around you.
What makes my blog successful?
when reading our work at The Business Bosses Blog here for example, covers all facets of entrepreneurship: coaching tips, business advice and best practices from experts like Seth Godin, and insights from fellow entrepreneurs who’ve been successful.
- Successful blogs need to be useful, relevant and engaging. Readers will come back if the content is valuable and interesting.
- A blog needs a voice that resonates with its audience in order for readers to feel like they’re listening into someone’s conversation rather than reading someone else’s dry presentation of facts.
- Blog posts should answer questions or address topics related to your industry but also be about something more universal so as not just preach at the converted.
If you can write an article where people from different backgrounds can find interest then it has potential! You’ll want to weave social media integration throughout your site such as Twitter feed, Facebook page , Google+ or even tech blog sites that provide a lot of valuable information.