Lake Malone in the state of Kentucky is a spectacular sight to see due to its 788-acre lake and 338-acre park. In addition to these, there are numerous natural features of the park that makes it really stand out, such as its sandstone cliffs and natural rock bridge. Heading there and experiencing the wonders of mother nature is highly recommended in order for you to have new memories and be a part of a community that greatly appreciates nature. Be sure to check out cabin vacation rentals in Lake Malone, KY, to ensure you have places to stay if you plan to head to Kentucky and see the wonderful feats of nature.
Things That You Can Possibly Do in Lake Malone
With the large area this park occupies, there should be an extensive list of what available activities will be in store for you. Keep in mind, although a lot of these activities may sound fun to do, make sure to bring along with you some extra clothes in case you get yourself in a messy situation. Here are some of the activities you should take into consideration of trying when the day comes that you take a trip to Kentucky to visit the wonderful Lake Malone.
- Explore Nature – This would probably be one of the most common things to do when you are out at the park. Trying to connect with nature is always a good way to prepare yourself for the upcoming activities that will be in store for you. Enjoying yourself with nature is important as it is one way of showing your gratitude towards it.
- Fishing – On a boat or by the shore, fishing can be done by anyone as long as you have a fishing rod and some fishing bait. The large river is large enough to be filled with shoals of fish, meaning that it would be unlikely for it to run out of any, as long as you fish responsibly. It’s a great outdoor recreational activity that is meant for all ages.
- Go on Hikes – Hiking is a great way to exercise yourself and in order for you to stay active. This goes in line with exploring nature as you are adventuring into the wilderness and appreciating the environment around you. This activity can also be done with a group of people, which is a great opportunity for you to socialize with people you meet along the way or people that accompany you along the journey.
- Swimming – Lake Malone park offers its people sand beaches that are available for everybody to use for them to have endless hours of enjoyment. It’s protected by the staff, so you shouldn’t worry about fish coming out of the water to give you a little fright. For the convenience of those who wish to take a swim, they are provided with bathhouses for their own personal usage.
- Camping – If you love sleeping outdoors, camping would be a great experience for you. After a long day of fishing, hiking, and probably swimming, getting under a tent or inside a van in the middle of the campsite is a great experience that you might be missing out on. It allows you to have the opportunity to experience the peace and quiet you might have been longing for all this time.
These are only some of the activities that are available for on-goers like you someday. Make sure to participate in their future events; if they have some, check out their websites to be informed on what to expect in the following days. There is no better way to enjoy the outdoors than going to an open park with hundreds of acres just waiting for you to explore them. Even though you have no experience in camping and going out to the woods, this doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to have the full experience of the great outdoors.